Thursday, April 16, 2009

Murphys Law

The last few days have been tough.. Isobel has been sick with a nasty cough.. her little body has been hot with fever...

I woke up this morning and cried. Cried because I hate seeing my baby so ill. Cried because I am so pre-menstral that I feel like a bloated water buffalo. Cried because my throat feels like someone has taken a layer of skin off it and lastly, I cried because I wanted more than anything to just take a 'sickie' and sleep for 12 hours...like the old days. Just sleep all day.

Hubby to the rescue: he sensed I was on the verge of meltdown (could have been the sight of me curled up in a ball sobbing like a 2 year old!) and worked from home today- I slept in until 11am and then after much deliberation decided to keep my hair appointment at new salon (desperately needed)....Not sure about the outcome but thats another story.

What I cant quite grasp is that a miracle occured today.. Isobel decided that since her Dad was home from work, she would choose today to sleep for SIX hours.. YES, six hours. Go figure!! All week I have been struggling to settle her, trying desperately to get rest and to get her to rest.. with no luck. I decide to use one of very few sickies available to me and she sleeps literally ALL day..... and we wonder why Dads just dont get what us Mamma's go through!!

2 comments:

Mammamusing said...

Oh Jess you poor thing feeling so ill.

I can't believe Izzy's form. Six hours! What a beautiful girl sensing mumma was ill and needed her rest.

Typical though that these miracles occur when our husbands are home.

Yes I'm familiar with the "I don't know why you say it is all so hard"

Amelie is at her most angelic on weekends when hubby is there to witness.

Jess said...

I cant believe her form either. She slept from 9am to 12pm and then from 2pm to 5pm!! Poor thing must have been recovering