Whoa..where did august come from? I tend to go in to a
Little void when I have a baby. One minute I am in hospital gushing with those post baby hormones, the next I am pacing madly in the hallway and somewhere, somehow half a year passes by. You say it's august, I am sure it's still December!
So I have posted all these random updates and you - (my faithful reader..I am sure there are a couple of you left!) are left wondering what happened.
I will attempt to tie up some lose ends:
Izzy and kinder:
After my very emotional post 'torn', I did what any self respecting, loving parent would do
And hauled her butt out of that awful place! I rang another centre whos waiting list she has been on forever and literally begged them to take her. It was perfect timing! The stars were aligned because they had a spot available immediately (never happens at this particular place). We did an extra long orientation - mainly for me to make sure it was perfect. And perfect it is!
Izzy is so happy...she eats their food, has a day sleep, begs me to let her stay an extra 10 minutes at pick up and skips out the door in the morning. I couldn't be happier and it goes to show that the level of care available out there varies dramatically.
In an ideal world, we would have them both enrolled in Montessori but there are none near us at this stage. Maybe one day!
Me and sleep:
I don't get much. In fact, it's fair to say that sleep and I are no longer friends. I know one day I will lay my head on the pillow and know that I will wake on my own accord. I know that one day I will get more than two hours consecutive sleep BUT that time ain't anytime soon. In the mean time, we bought a deluxe king size bed so that the sleep I do get is world class. It's a bit like a cruel joke really. By the time I can enjoy the bed, it will be time for an upgrade!
In other news:
Izzy And I are famous...yup, soon to be starring on an idiot box near you! We were 'approached
By a talent scout' (a friend who works in advertising approached us..but that's beside the point!) and asked to be in a TV commercial for a new toy. The shoot was last Friday. It was so much fun and izzy was AMAZING. The director told her what to do (two scenes) she did exaclt as he said, not a thread of diva to be seen...It was quite incredible. They did about 15 takes for each scene and she didn't complain once. I think I might have a little actress on my hands but I am conscious of not pushing her in any direction. After all, the girl is three!
So the ad will be on the mainstream channels from mid september. Keep your eyes peeled. It's for a new toy called 'pillow pets'
I will pop back in tomorrow with some photos of izzys 3rd birthday, fairy party!
6 comments:
Happy birthday Izzy!
I'm so excited you're both going to be on tv. I will be looking out for you :)
Sounds like busy times I love that you still come back and update as much as you can :) Glad to hear that the change was just what she needed and Izzy is happy in her new place. I can't wait to see the ad I will be keeping my eyes out.
Look after yourself Jess and I hope sleep comes your way FAST xx
Ah, I love a Jess update. Can't wait to see you on the tele. I'll look out for pillow pets!! x
Ah, I love a Jess update. Can't wait to see you on the tele. I'll look out for pillow pets!! x
that is so exciting to be on an ad :)
I too wish I could get more than 2hrs of consecutive sleep. It has been over 5 years, but it is much better than when both were doing the waking! DRAINER! Mum says to enjoy it, that you will soon be missing them lying in bed with you!
I am so glad Izzy is enjoying her new childcare!! SO important for you and her!
hope you are enjoying your getaway!
x
OMG....I haven't yet seen the TV commercial {coz I rarely watch tv and when I do.....my brain is else where LOL} ...but Ella has been going on & on about wanting a PILLOW PET!! And I had no idea what she was talking about....until she showed me one at Mr Toys Toyworld :)))))
YOU'RE FAMOUS!!!!!!!
So glad to hear that Izzy is settled & LOVING her new kindy!! You must be so relieved now!
C xo
Post a Comment