Thursday, June 25, 2009

11 months and counting...


It is so hard to believe that my little girl is turning one in less than 4 weeks!

Her 1st party will be a big one (would have prefered an intimate little number but we have big immediate families and lots of friends who would be devastated if they missed out on the little munchkins first bday!)

So, the date is set for her 'Musical party in the park' Invites will go out next week Everyone will be asked to bring their favourite musical instrument.

There are about 45 adults and 20 kids invited (I didnt realise we knew 20 kids!)

Lunch will be a sausage sizzle and some delectable delights - traditional faves for the kids like frogs in the pond, fairy bread (is there a type of healthy hundreds and thousands? because I read somewhere that they have the worst combo of colours and preservatives of any other kids food) I am going to ATTEMPT this Xylophone cake. Wish me luck, I will need lots of it as my last cake (which was meant to be a face) looked like a burns victim. Not nice.

There is a great big rotunda in the park but we will also have a little marquee set up in case the weather turns a little nasty...

Just trying to decide whether it is excessive to hire some sort of entertainer/musician to lead a fun, ad hoc musical jamming session... Isobel LOVES music and instruments and I think it would be amazing to have all our friends and family joining in (but it also reminds me a little bit of a christian camp or a hare krishna convention..... I am such a hippy at heart!)

Any ideas for me?

4 comments:

Mammamusing said...

Great looking cake Jess!

I'm sure you'll make one looking just as fab :)

Musings of the Mrs. said...

You are very brave to attempt that cake. I don't think I could ever bake something that looks like that!

Smithsholidayroad said...

Jess, the party sounds beautiful.
Do you have a family member that can organise the sing a long? I am sure if it's at a park there will be heaps of space for the kids to run around and keep themselves entertained too. I love the cake! Looking forward to seeing some pics :)

Anonymous said...

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_EYMAdo4Ms84/ScMz9_SyvEI/AAAAAAAADdg/KUVTmCOYwCI/s400/BabyCostumeLadyBug1x.jpg

You should totally make it a costume party JUST so you can buy little Izzy this.