Sunday, June 21, 2009

Bottle of goodness



This week has been one of those moments in time that I would just like to pop in a bottle and save. Like a special bottle of red for a rainy day.

Isobel is sleeping really well.I stopped trying to force myself to let her cry hysterically and decided to go with my instincts and a gentler approach. I started lying her on her tummy and covering her with a light doona (before now she just slept in a sleeping bag but I think having a cover helps)..gently patting her to sleep and singing. The time spent doing this is slowly decreasing and she is putting herself off to sleep. Heaven.

I have FINALLY got my license (yep, took me 14 years!) and I feel like a new woman.
Need groceries - jump in the car. Feel like going to the next suburb for coffee - jump in the car. Visit a friend - car. So simple and something everyone takes for granted. What on earth was I waiting for?

And lastly - I am loving my new Gluten free life. I already feel lighter - I am sure gluten was making me bloated and fat and I am just so excited about feeling healthier in general.

Life is good. Now all I need to do is find a way to pop some of this goodness in a bottle for future tasting!

2 comments:

Jessi said...

yay!!!!! well done jess!!! :) xx

one yellow jumpsuit. said...

What a busy time. Congratulations on getting your license. From Hannah