Thursday, June 18, 2009

Silly Yak

Its official. I am a Silly Yak. Otherwise known as a Coeliac.

No more Gluten for me.

I think I'm actually feeling really good about this. It is quite amazing to suddenly have an answer to all of the little tummy issues I have had over the years. I am really looking forward to life without Gluten and wheat!

I must admit, I am still doing the mental list of things I can never eat again and it did cross my mind that perhaps I could just have...

One last piece of toast with real Vegemite
One last souvlaki
One last glass of milo
One last massive bowl of spag bol with REAL pasta
One last piece of home made Apple Pie (a tear has just welled in my eye....)
One last spanikopita
One last serve of morrocan chicken with cous cous and the list goes on...

But then I realised that if I have one last of everything, I may never be gluten free.

Ok - so maybe I haven't totally come to terms with it yet but I am feeling like this is a challenge I can take on AND it hasn't escaped me that all of the above items are pretty fatty and I could just replace with a nice juicy apple.

Ahhh, deinal is sweet.

1 comment:

nellbe said...

Oh Jess, it is good news as you know as finally you know what on earth is going on!! I miss everything you mentioned on the list and more... you won't realise really for a little while yet.

I am here. Just drop me a line, I know everything you are going through. It gets easier!