Sunday, January 31, 2010

Eighteen Months


I have a confession to make. I have been putting this off for a while now...

There are at least 100 moments in every week where I stop and think that I better record these precious days. These moments in time that will one day be memories. I know that I put it off because I am afraid that I cant do it all justice with my words. Capturing these sweet days in words is a bit like running around with a net in a room full of butterflies...it's a bit and miss.

I know this but I also know that if I dont try, I will regret it. You will be 18 and then 21 and then..out of my reach completely and the days when you were able to fit snugly on my hip will be long gone. So here goes.

You are 18 months now, no longer a baby but not quite a little girl. Your Dad and I are smitten (as always) to say the least. We hang on your every new word. Giggle as you sing your songs and watch in awe as you feed, hug, kiss, and mother your 'baby'. Today you tried to teach her to swim.. we overheard you saying "kick, kick, kick" as you moved her little legs.

You are so affectionate with your 'babies' - but not the ones we have given you.. oh no, you have 'chosen' your favourites. One was kidnapped from a local cafe, the other from our neighbours 7 year old daughter. We tried to pry them from your grip and in the end we gave in. Those babies are YOURS!

You love bags and everyone knows it. You have a collection of about 10 now and you won't leave the house without grabbing one from your toy box. You crinkle your little nose when you laugh and you have a crazy cackle that lights us up whenever we hear it.

You are quite the social butterfly - always capturing the attention of people when we are out. You are almost never seen sitting in a stroller - Sit still? Be contained? No way. You want to walk and of course, walk you will. You want to walk in to all the shops and you toddle right up to people if given the chance.

I have no idea where the time went as it seems like last week that you were lying on my belly, seemingly the size of a peanut.

We love you Isobel - thank you for bringing so much love and light in to our lives xxx

5 comments:

Jessi said...

she is so beautiful. she is way ahead of tommy, who really is not walking yet or really even talking & look at all that beautiful hair!

what a precious post :)

Anonymous said...

isobel is gorgeous! loved the post, reminded me of my little one x

Jess said...

Thanks girls.. I am so glad I finally wrote that! The time just goes too quickly xx

Mammamusing said...

Jess beautifully written. Izzy is gorgeous!

Chantelle {fat mum slim} said...

She's so so cute.