Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Our little adventure..

Well, today is the last day of our 2 week, West Australian adventure. I haven't posted during my time away as I made a little pact with myself to stay away from mobiles & laptops. Holidays are all about reading and relaxtion old style!

We had our dear friends beautiful wedding in the Swan Valley and 4 days in Perth, 4 amazing days on Rottnest Island where we cycled from one perfect beach to the next, discovered the infamous 'Quokka' (which is really just a giant friendly rat) and soaked up the sunshine before finally heading South to Margaret River for 7 days of amazing food, wine, more breathtaking beaches and as much relaxation as you get with a toddler!

There are too many highlights to name but what I have loved most is just spending quality time alone with my little family. We have laughed so much and sung 'Old McDonald' over and over in the car... (It doesnt matter how many times we sing it, Izzy will only say 'SHEEP' when hubby and I chorous... "Old McDonald had a..." this sends us in to fits of laughter everytime!)

The place we are staying right now is a Grecian Villa overlooking the Indian Ocean and it has a big spa in the ensuite. Every night before Izzys bedtime, we have climbed in together for a 'family bath' - there is so much giggling that our faces hurt by the time we tuck her in to bed! Izzy has taken to squishing my belly (and breasts unfortunately) and chanting "Jelly on a plate" with a wicked little glint in her eyes! There are no points for guessing who taught her this little game!

Another great memory from our little holiday was visiting the 'Berry Farm'. Before we arrived we had said to Izzy a few times in the car "We are going to the Berry Farm, where we can get some berries". When we arrived we were walking through the cafe area and Izzy starts yelling at the top of her voice "BABBBIEEESSS, WHEREEE ARE YOUUU" Poor little love obviously thought we were going to pick her up a baby brother or sister!

It really is these little moments that make life perfect.

I will post some snaps of the trip when we get home xx

2 comments:

Jessi said...

Oh Jess, I am SO jealous!

Rottnest is my VERY FAVOURITE place on this earth!

Ohhhhhh I wish I could be there right now!

Any pics?

Chantelle {fat mum slim} said...

Hey there. Are you able to email me? I need to give you the details for the Sweet Art project. xx