Saturday, March 27, 2010

Lucinda



I have an amazing sister. Lucinda is not only a wonderful sister - she is absolutely, undoubtedly my best friend.

Lu has this inner strength that I admire so much. She dances to the beat of her own drum. And boy, does she do it well.

7 weeks ago my sister and best friend became a mum for the first time. I was there with her through the three stages of labour - I watched Avi make his own sweet way in to this world.

It was incredible. The kind of incredible that cannot be captured in words - at least not by me. So many emotions are felt in that moment... Love. Fear. Awe. Joy and feelings that dont have words. They cannot be spoken - Only felt when someone enters or leaves the world.

It occured to me today as we were having brekky together with our kids(ha! that sounds so surreal) that we have looked forward to this moment in time for such a long long time. The time when we would both me Mumma's. We would close our eyes and try and imagine what that would look like. Us? Them? When?

And here we are; that moment in time is here. We may not always live a few streets away from eachother and be able to meet at a moments notice for a walk or a coffee. I treasure these days so much as I know we are so lucky to have eachother and to be sharing this motherhood journey together.

I really feel like I can share anything with Lu and she won't judge me.. that she will 'get it' and give me the advice that I need to hear. Always honest and not necessarily sugar coated. It is that honesty and kin-ship that make it really special.

Thank you Lucinda - for being the best friend a girl could hope for.

xx

No comments: