Whilst we are on the topic of besties. Today something happened that truly made my heart melt.
It was my first day back at work after our little holiday and as it is Easter Break, the two eldest of the family that I nanny for were home too. 4 kids to juggle!
It was a bit of a chaotic day... especially for the Izzy & E, who being under 3, have a bit of a love/hate relationship at times.
As I was bundling the two of them in to the double stroller, I caught the most precious moment. E reached over, placed her hand over Izzy's and said in the softest, cutest 3 year old voice ever:
"You are my best friend, Isobel"
I don't know if Izzy really understood but they held hands for the entire walk and chatted away in their own little language like a couple of old ladies.
It has been really beautiful to witness my little girls first friendship develop over the past 12 months. An experience I will treasure forever.
No comments:
Post a Comment