Yes, that's us. We are not to see any other people for at least 24 hours. Until Izzy's little germs are no longer catchy.
One of the downfalls of being a Nanny to a pre-schooler, Kindergarten kid and a Grade Two'er is the array of bugs & unidentifable virus's that we can potential come to know.
Fortunately we have been lucky enough not to have caught anything out of the ordinary. Nothing more than the very occasional sniffle here or a squirty bottom there. All the basic garden variety bugs that they need to get.
Until now...
Now little Izzy has..and I can hardly even say it because its so yuck. Impetigo.
Google Impetigo and you will learn that it is a staf infection. Ewww. You will see the most drastic cases of children with massive facial lesions (of children who's parents have obviously never heard of early intervention)...
Anyway - Izzy just has a tiny little dot or two but I knew what it was as soon as I saw it because I could see the other little girl I was looking after had an advanced version. Ewww. So, two trips to the doctor later (their kid and mine) and two packs of antibiotics later and we will be fine in 24 hours.
How on earth have I managed to post this long about Impetigo? I must lead a fascinating life!
1 comment:
That's great post and interestingly reminded me that I had impetigo when we moved from Bondi to the burbs when I was a kid. In those days mine was brought on by stoned fruit too early in the season and paspalum that grew everywhere in the burbs. Of course science has probably outruled those simple things but it might give you a clue.
Love your blog ;-)
Post a Comment