I stumbled across this beautiful image at www.weheartit.com.au on this page
About a month ago, Izzy and I created a 'Nature Box'. We covered an empty box in beautiful paper and spent an hour or so collecting interesting bits and pieces from our local park to fill it. It has its own little place in our living area and she brings it out sometimes to go through the contents. To smell, touch and at times completely destroy!
We hadn't looked at the nature box for at least a week when on a recent park outing, she started to collect interesting new finds and saying "Nature Box, Mummy!" Its so nice to see her initiating something that we started together.
Who needs piles of plastic toys when you have a nature box!
2 comments:
I love the clever idea of a nature box. When we moved from the inner-city (paved yard, one tree) to a place right next to the bush, I felt more 'connected' to life in general. I even started a bit of a nature collection of my own. You've inspired me to share it in an upcoming future post of my own. Love the heart leaf image, too. Sigh.
Oooh I love this idea :) Do you mind if I borrow this concept to do with my little girl too? :)))
Thanks for sharing! Your daughter is a lucky girl to have u as her Mumma ;o)
Have a great weekend x.
Post a Comment