

“Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body.” ~ Elizabeth Stone
We have an ultrasound tomorrow (13 wks) and I cannot wait to catch a little glimpse of the baby growing inside me. I have felt little flutters already, which is just amazing considering it is so early.
It is so different this time around in so many ways. I remember when I was pregnant with Izzy, I would think about 'the baby' non stop, all day. I would be making mental lists of all the things I needed to buy, clean, make over the following months in time for her arrival. It is not quite like that now as obviously being a mum leaves little time for reflection and planning (I am too caught up playing with toy babies and making mud pies) but I do find myself drifting in to the future... a little day dream here and there...baby in my arms and Izzy by my side 'helping'.
I absolutelyncannot wait for December and to meet my beautiful baby number two!
I have no doubt that Izzy will be a beautiful big sister..she is incredibly caring and nuturing with a wicked sense of fun and adventure. I can already imagine a cheeky little team. Two peas in a pod.
2 comments:
i love that quote. i was the same way with my second pregnancy. my mom gifted me a prenatal massage and i felt so connected to my baby for that hour. i came out crying happy tears. i just needed that quiet space. i totally recommend it.
I will definately be booking in for a prenatal massage Kristi.. lovely idea!
Post a Comment