Sunday, July 4, 2010

Morning Town

It seems Izzys Morning Train has been experiencing some technical difficulties. We are having some issues with departure. What was once a tuck in and lights out routine is now much, much more.

Books in 'Mummys bed' followed by another book in the cot. Followed by "Cudddleeesss pleeeeassee" in the chair next to cot and "Mummy sing pllleeassse" (hard to say no to that)... so I have been entertaining myself by belting out a few of my old childhood faves that my mum sang to me - every night until I was about 13!

Morningtown

World of our own

Puff the magic dragon

and sometimes, when I am not thinking very clearly I start singing the Young Talent Time anthem 'All my loving"... and then I catch myself and change song choice promptly.

It wasn't until I googled the songs tonight that I realised they were (Johnny Young aside) all Seekers songs.

What are your bedtime anthems?

5 comments:

LJ said...

Well, they are all great songs!! I have 3 songs that my girls hear every night, that my dad would sing to me as a child and his mum would sing to him when he was young. I don't know that I sound any good, but the girls always seem happy so I guess it is not that bad.

Maxabella said...

Beware the extended Bedtime Routine! It grows into the Soulsucking Routine faster than you can blink. We have sung the same three songs for going on five years now. Easy Silence by the Dixie Chicks, Rock a Bye Baby and the Mickey Mouse Band theme song (for reasons unknown). We are occasionally given a respite with the allowance of Flame Trees or Bow River by Cold Chisel instead of Mickey. But, believe me, it's been a looooong five years!!!

PS - All My Loving seems to crop up at some point in most Aussie households. In the dead of night it just comes to you...

Unknown said...

We sing a lot of the basics- baa baa black sheep, twinkle twinkle, sometimes I sing stuff from The Sound of Music or the Lion King. But our bedtime routine is definitely a big song and dance too. That's ok, I like it that way too. xo m.

Mammamusing said...

We're still on the good 'ole rock a bye baby (as morbid as it is).

There must be something in the air. Amelie's been a little difficult to get down the last few night.

Tonight I lay on the floor of her room singing until she went to sleep. It sure beat hovering over the cot.

Gill@OurParklife said...

We sing MorningTown to our little boys too! It was the first song that ever got my first son to sleep when he was tiny....my dad swore it was a magical "sleep" song!

Have just accidently found your blog....am enjoying all the beautiful pictures very much