Wednesday, August 11, 2010

A place to play

Today I have been dreaming about the future. As usual, my mind eventually finds its way to the aesthetics... how things will 'look' and I inevitably find myself mentally re-arranging & decorating every nook, cranny and room in our house. It seems to be a favourite pass time at the moment.

Such is the nesting Virgo way of thinking...

Today my mind has wandered from bedrooms to bungalow. We have a cute little bungalow at the back which is currently inhabited by a lovely Masters student from America. Elizabeth or 'Memphis' as she is affectionately known will be with us until November (another blog post in itself as we will miss her so much!).

So next year, I will start transformation from bungalow to kiddie play haven/art craft room.

Here are some amazing pics I found whilst aimlessly looking for inspiration...






Well, a girl can dream! Aren't they just lovely... I found these images here.

9 comments:

Sarah said...

Oh, I love these images - the first one is amazing...

Claire Chadwick @ Scissors Paper Rock said...

Oooh I love that you have a bungalow out back! I'd LOVE LOVE LOVE to have my craft studio as a seperate little room outside! Those photos are delightful & so inspiring!
xo
P.S. I'm the same....always envisioning ways to re-organise, re-decorate our house :)

Maxabella said...

An 'out the back' play house / crafty nook would be my idea of heaven. I imagine that the space you're talking about is a fair bit bigger than those pictured (or else Memphis is a rather small American)...

Bubby Makes Three said...

we are on a similar wave length possum, just this week I've been on flikr trying to find cubby inspiration (for Fern - not me!) Fern and I went and checked out a local place that makes cubbies this week too, getting ideas for Xmas! A bungalow would be tres divine.... Have a lovely weekend! xo

Mammamusing said...

Oh Jess Izzy and No. 2 are so lucky to have a playroom to themselves.

You will have a ball decorating it!

Zoe said...

I would love a bungalow for the kids to hang out in.. I had one as a teen and hardly left it..

- I did see the invite by scissorsPaperRock on my inspiration travels! Thanks for the link anyways.. :D

Amy said...

mmmmm. one of my fav passtimes too. dreaming of 'creating'

lovely to "meet you!"

Do you want to come and stylize my ratty old pink farmhouse?

xx Amy

(yes, that's right. I said p.i.n.k. - the horror!)

CHECKS AND SPOTS said...

What a lucky duck to have a bungalow out the back! I love all your references for what you'd like to do to it...
You'll have such fun doing a little reno!
x

Cherie said...

Oooo how excellent to have that little gem. Have you seen the 'little shed' posts. will try and find them for you!
You'll have such fun doing that little nook up with your impeccable taste ;)