Monday, August 9, 2010

Sweet Sunshine

(Image has nothing to do with post - just makes me happy! It's me and my gorgeous nephew, Avi)

I woke with the familiar 2nd trimester feeling of a full bladder and dry mouth. I stumbled in to the kitchen for a glass of water, annoyed that my sleep had been broken yet again and sure that it was the middle of the night.

It was pitch dark outside..no sign of life whatsoever... I checked the clock. 6am!

I stood and wished winter would go away and be replaced by sunshine, chirping 6am birdies and long, warm days.

Well, It seems the weather god has answered my early morning prayers! Today is GLORIOUS in Melbourne.

It actually feels warm.

Oh how I love Sunshine and a good dose of Vitamin D

I hope the sun has been shining on your turf today too!

8 comments:

Felicity said...

Your nephew is gorgeous!
Hooray for sunshine and warm [windless] days.
Weather report from Noosa:
Intermittent showers with enough of a break for me to plant seedlings in the afternoon.
F

Sarah said...

We have had beautiful sun...perfect for playing in the garden and walks in the park.

Mammamusing said...

The sun must have been concentrating on your patch today Jess.

I was sooooo cold!

Bring on Spring :)

Lulu froufrou said...

Today was glorious wasn't it...bring on spring :)

Maleny Mumma said...

Paddy always without fail wakes up at 6am. I am trying to be positive imagining the summer mornings when it has already been daylight for an hour or so. I'm with you - it's time to say goodbye to winter!

Claire Chadwick @ Scissors Paper Rock said...

It's rainy here in QLD today :( But I shouldn't complain because we've had some glorious weather lately! I'm not a fan of winter at all....but our days lately have been pretty damn warm & sunny....and I'm loving it :)
xox

Vic said...

...how good was the sun while it lasted..?! And now... on with the rain... *sigh*

Gill@OurParklife said...

we have had about three days of sun in margaret river...which is lovely as it pretty much rains throughout the entire winter normally down here...

enjoy the lovely weather....it makes all the difference sometimes doesn't it?

your nephew is gorgeous