Friday, November 26, 2010

Another rant...

At the risk of sounding like a very grumpy pregnant person again (because that is SO not me.... I am all cupcakes, peonies and craft, I promise!)... I want to share a little conversation that took place at the Acupuncturists last week. It is still playing over in my head.

Note that the replies are not my real responses they are the words I was thinking in my head but could not say at the time.

Acupuncturist: "From looking at your tongue, I can see you haven't been getting much sleep so I am going to ask you some questions to get a feel for why that is and what areas I should focus on"

Me: Ummm, Hello! Have you noticed the GIGANTIC BELLY? I am here to be induced not fixed...

A: "Have you been feeling really tired"

Me: Check. 39 weeks pregnant with a toddler... yep, I'm tired

A: "Ahuh. Ok and have you been really hungry"

Me (at this point I am feeling quite agitated) Ah, yes... Did I mention I am VERY pregnant??

A: Ok, right... this all sounds very liver to me. Are you waking in the night?

Me: Is this person for real.? Is there a pregnant woman alive who doesn't wake between the hours of 2am and 3am?

What I actually say: "I wake every morning at 2am"

A: "Right, that's liver time"

Me: Ok, it is also future FEEDING TIME but you're the expert.

A: (and this is the bit that I just cant get over) "Are you agitated alot these past few weeks?"

Me: HELL YEAH and do you mind turning your cheek slightly to the left while I punch you?!?

Is anyone seeing what I am seeing here or am I just a very pregnant person who needs to go back to my baking and flower arranging?!!

* Please note that I am not trying to dis-credit Acupuncture at all. Just having a bit of fun with an annoying series of questions from a professional....

That is all.

9 comments:

Hayley said...

Hahaha I would of wanted to punch him/her also.
I remember when I went he swore I was having a girl after doing the ying-yang test..
xx

Anna White said...

Hahahaha...Oh honey...you gave me a good laugh just then...you have EVERY reason to be annoyed...agitated...I dont think I would have contained myself as well as you did...I would have yelled out...HELLO ...IM PREGNANT YOU TWIT!! lol
Hope you manage to grab some time to yourself to rest and recuperate. XO

Gill@OurParklife said...

oh jess, this would have been exactly what I was thinking to...Just out of interest, was it a male or female acupuncturist?

I had some acupuncture when I was pregnant , it was blissful, but this was also because I got to lie down in a dark, quiet room for 20 minutes....As you know, at 34 weeks pregnant this would have been blissful no matter whether it took place in an acupuncturist's office or in the linen cupboard!


Gill xo

MultipleMum said...

That would make a great skit on one of those comedy shows. Was she for real? Too funny!!!

Kelly said...

Sounds like the acupuncture didn't have a clue, how funny!

Claire @ Scissors Paper Rock said...

Hehehe Jess...you make me laugh :) I'd be agitated too Honey....dumb questions to ask a heavily pregnant woman!!!!
But...YAY....I can't wait to hear the news about your new arrival soon :)
xo
p.s in answer to your question on my blog today...go for it...use any pics you want :) thanks Love...can't wait to read it :)

Kristi said...

this is so funny.

Maxabella said...

Bloody acupuncturists. It's all liver and spleen to them. If they didn't do such a good job they'd be off my list for sure.

And rant away, Jess. You're entitled (and also very true!!) x

Amy said...

totally entitled to a rant.

and that was a freaking funny one at that!

try a different one - you'll alway's be annoyed with that one. A bit less voodoo would be good - and when they work - OH MAMA - they work!!

Happy days to you.
xx

P.S. Should have a cuppa at Venus Bay when you are down. I'll bring you some Organic eggs!
xx