
It seems some sort of crazed Ebay demon has taken over my body.
It started last night, I started searching for cute baby clothes and before I new it I had bid on around 10 items. Then, today I started searching for bits and bobs for the Bungalow makeover (student retreat becomes Izzy's play room...) and I found this vintage school desk and well, made a bid or two....
The auction ends in about an hour and I am the highest bidder (at $30.00).
I cant decide whether I have made a massive Ebay blunder (think 60 year old, possibly rotting desk) or stumbled on a great piece that will look perfect in Izzys play room - The door of the bungalow will be painted fire engine red (like the desk) and I am picturing a wall of chalkboard behind the desk. Half of the room will be dedicated to art and craft and the other will have a cubby kitchenette for Izzys tea parties and imaginative play!
My hubby obviously thinks I am out of my mind for even considering this desk...
What do you think? Honesty appreciated!
11 comments:
Hey Beat,
Love it! It needs alot of work (eg stripping the paint back and re painting) but what a cool desk!
Love TBF
TBF! You spying on me ;o) Perfect timing to put this on here and get your opinion.... when are you going to let me see your blog? xx
oooo I love it! and the room plan sounds wonderful!!!
I think it's great but it does look like it needs some work to make it kid safe. If you get it for $30 great, if not i'm sure you'll see something else in a couple of days!
I love it!
It needs some sanding, a re-paint & a clean up! But I love that it has a story behind...it's not just a 'desk I picked up a Ikea on the weekend'...it;s a piece of furniture with history & a story!
GO FOR IT!!!
xo
P.S. I am soooo jealous of your bungalow space which will be Izzy's {and new bub's} play room!! LOVE IT! and would love to have an area like that here for Ella :)
Did you win the desk?! x
Thanks for your opinions ladies! I lost the auction in the end anyway - guess I didnt want it bad enough! I am now bidding on a table and chair set that I think will be much better for Izzy (the desk maybe a bit hard to reach etc.. for toddlers...)
xx
it did look like it needed alot of work so you are probably relieved you were outbid.
i get silly like that sometimes and i tell myself if i love it then it's ok, if not, let it go.
hope to see the makeover, sounds very cool.
♥
i see these desks in the antique shops with a tag that reads "not for sale". i love it.
Jess I'm sure Hubby thinks you're out of your mind because he'll be the poor sucker sanding and painting it.
That said I love it!
So I'll say great buy :)
LOVE it, totally love it and she'll make it her very own for sure ;) Oh drat just read on and saw you missed it ... drat ;)
Post a Comment