Monday, November 22, 2010

The lovely Nicole from Bubby Makes Three has tagged me in a little challenge... the 'show it how it is' challenge'. This challenge is all about exposing those glossy 'home' mags and having a peak in to what our homes are really like....


Now, I have to let you in on a little secret - I am a Virgo with a serious 'cleanliness' issue. An issue that has only intensified in the last few weeks with the nesting hormone that has taken over my body.


If I so much as 'smell' a mess in the making, I will swoop on the offending area like a crazed seagull and ensure the space is clean and 'secure' within a matter a seconds... Sound tiring? It is. Thank god little Izzy has now got a playroom (a place I ensure is exempt from my cleaning fits) as otherwise I would be concerned that I am doing some permanent damage!

So, as you can imagine - this challenge made me feel a little nauseous. The idea of leaving mess for long enough to photograph it was scary. But I am not one to shy away from a challenge.... so the pics you see above are just after brekky this morning. Pathetic... I know!

5 comments:

Maxabella said...

Even your mess is neat!!! But good on you for resisting the urge. I used to be a neat freak but I had to learn new habits after baby number two. It was just too much. It was the right thing to do - number three would have tipped me over the edge for sure!!! x

Bubby Makes Three said...

oh Jess.... that cannot be classified as mess!!! You are one nesty little bird! I was the same, I recollect actually vacuuming the blinds at one point. Pity Im over my cleanliness now little Elliott is actually here to witness the sloviness that is our house at the mo..... mmm Jalna yogurt, Fern's favourite!!! xo

Alice Becomes said...

I have to agree with Maxabella here - even your mess is neat! And I too have had to let go a little since the arrival of my second little monkey....The two of them together can turn the house upside down in seconds!

Good on you for taking up the challenge - very brave!

Gill xo

Mammamusing said...

Oh gosh I agree that is NOT mess.

I love Izzy's painting masterpiece in the background.

Kristi said...

your home is so cute...i didn't even notice a mess.