Saturday, December 4, 2010

The nesting continues..

Week 40 - Outdoor area complete (well nearly - like the new setting?)

There has been more than one occasion over the past few weeks where I have actually stopped (usually whilst hastily balanced on some chair, massive belly protruding) and wondered;
"Has anyone ever actually died nesting"

I know it sounds insane and slightly paranoid (I am a whole lotta paranoid at times) but really, I have never felt such an overwhelming urge to DO stuff as during the last 12 weeks of this pregnancy. An urge that really defies any common sense.

Every weekend we have had a list as long as my arm of jobs to complete. The weird thing is, my hubby has also been 'infected' by the 'must nest now' bug. You would think this was a positive thing... and generally it is... except when we break in to all out wars over who's jobs are more important.

Its hedging vs bungalow clean out or crack filling vs flower potting.
The fear we both have now is that I may still be pregnant next weekend... I don't think either of us will actually survive another weekend of this madness and I fear that by the time this Sunday rolls around, we may have actually run out of jobs and *GASP* may be forced to relax.
Bring on the Oxytocin.

4 comments:

Maxabella said...

Hahahahaha, died nesting... I just hope you're not the first. It's worth it, though. The garden looks gorg. So neat... You're 100 weeks pregnant and you have a toddler, how on earth is it so neat?

I think he's coming... tomorrow. That's my guess. I think you're having a boy and I think he's going to be 3.15kg. Good luck, hope everything goes smoothly. Can't wait to read about your birthing experience. xxxx

MultipleMum said...

Exhausted just thinking about all your weekend activity with a big pregnant belly! Bring on the birth so you can sit back and relax. Oh no. That's not likely :)

Loz said...

Then I hope that everything works out this week for you.

Claire Chadwick @ Scissors Paper Rock said...

Haaa you're a crack up Jess!
Nesting is such a funny thing....right in the brunt of time where we should be 'resting' we just want to clean, organise, create & then do it all again :) Your outside area looks FAB!
xo