It seems ironic that only a few months ago, you could be lynched for even thinking you wanted the rain to stop. Let alone publicly saying it. It seems that after ten long years of drought we perhaps did our little rain dance a little too much and thus, the heavens have opened and the rain will just not stop.
My heart is feeling heavy and I am numb from seeing all of the devastation in Queensland. So many families suffering. So many lives torn apart in a few short days. I know most of us are feeling very grateful to be safe and dry... and yet so helpless and wishing there was so much more we could do to help. Donating money is fantastic, I just wish I could do more.
Last night my delicious newborn, Ayla, shared her first true smile with her Daddy. She is 4.5 weeks so had I not witnessed it, I wouldnt have believed it myself. Of course, I felt a little ripped off as, after all, I am the one who has been doing the hard yards... hours & hours of breastfeeding, all the pooey nappies, the late night pacing up and down the hallway... am I not deserving of the first smile?
Well, she must have heard my little internal rant as this morning as I cuddled her warm little body and chatted to her softly, she looked up at me with those big possum-like eyes and smiled a definate smile! Ok, so she farted a few seconds later - so it may have been gas but I am not telling her Daddy that..!
There is nothing like a baby smile to lift a heavy heart
10 comments:
Yeah for baby smiles [no matter why] and their special smell and their snuggliness = bliss.
x Felicity
Sublime.
There's nothing like that wonderful little gummy smile.
xx A
she is so tiny. so sweet.
Oh how beautiful Jess. I wanted to stop by for 2 reasons - 1. to see how you are going and 2. to say that I thought your comments yesterday at Childhood 101 were nothing short of wonderful, insightful and fabulous. I LOVE your philosophy and wish I knew more people like you in real life. Big hugs to you lovely - and your gorgeous girls. xxx
Ayla. Every time I hear her name it just sounds so good. It's a beautiful name, Jess. And she is a beautiful baby. Makes me feel so glad when I see that photo. x
Ayla. Every time I hear her name it just sounds so good. It's a beautiful name, Jess. And she is a beautiful baby. Makes me feel so glad when I see that photo. x
jess she is so yummy!!
i hope you are managing everything okay. it is so hard to get use to having 2, but i promise it will get easier! x
You write so beautifully. It's been a dark week, and a baby's smile is enough to brighten the darkness. Love your blog and popped over from Wouldn't it be Loverly who just gave you a lovely plug. xx
She is so beautiful Jess.
Even now at 2 years of age Amelie cracks a smile when she hears a fart. Be it hers or her dads (I don't fart thank you) and I'm tipping Ayla knew she was brewing one and it made her smile.
Or more than likely she looked up and saw her Mumma and that made her smile :)
baby smiles are the best. Especially when your heart is heavy
Post a Comment