Thursday, May 26, 2011

Lockdown

Well hello!

I know, I know...i had grand plans for this blog. A makeover, regular posts....
It seems life just keeps getting in the way.

Today i have some rare time on my hands.

No toddler
No housework
No errands to run or friends to see....

Today is day 3 of lockdown. Sleep school.

It's been an emotional week. Arriving and wondering what on earth i was in for.
Realizing pretty quickly that bringing both kids was a mistake.
Bored toddler climbing walls. Not much time to focus on the issues.

Izzy went home. I cried for 24 hours. Exhaustion. Guilt. Relief. Fear.
She made such sn impact which she was here, my little side kick. She bravely handed her dummy to "na-neen' the nurse and announced "I'm a big girl now" - everyone high fived her in group therapy that afternoon.

One of the other mums joked last night that being here was like being in a mental institution.
But none of us want to go. A little bond has formed.

5 mums. All with different situations but one common thread.
All finding our way through the fog of parenting young children and reaching out for a little bit of help.

I have got a lot out of this week. I haven't really learnt anything i didn't already know but sometimes we need to step out of our situation. Stand back. Take a deep breath and assess the situation from a distance. Gain perspective.

Ayla has settled in to a much clearer routine and i feel like i have gained a little bit of control....that is of course until i leave my little grey 'cell' here and head home.

Then a whole new chapter begins.

Ke sera, sera.

Ps. I cant upload any photos from my iPad...which is another reason i haven't been posting...

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck with your new chapter. Getting some sleep makes so much difference.

Anna White said...

Good to hear that there has been some progress..and I hope that when you put it into action at home that all goes well for you lovely..its such a hard job..being a mummy..and I think we place alot of unessesary pressure on ourselves to be everything..to do everything..that we leave little left for ourselves. Its great to have other mums to vent out to..and with...and support one another..Im sure that helps. Be kind to you x

Bubby Makes Three said...

thinking of you possum... I had no idea your wee little Ayla was causing you grief... You WILL get through it though. I know you will. You are a strong girl AND an amazing mother. I'm in your corner, this mothering gig aint easy, is it?!!? xox

Maxabella said...

Oh, sleep school, how fondly I remember you. They couldn't help me (Maxi is chronic) but, like you, I got such a lot out of taking a step back from my regular routines. It helped keep me sane. Good luck to you, Jess. x

Jane said...

Oh, Jess. It sounds like you've been at Melbourne's equivalent of Tresillian. I was there with Joshua (9 weeks old) and India (9 months old). Those women are angels. And yes, the bonds you can form with fellow mums in that situation can be quite extraordinary. I am still in touch with many of them years later. Thinking of you. J x

LJ said...

darling - I hear you. I read your post and burst into tears, because I am totally at the end of my rope at the moment. My wee babe is not a great sleeper and I average around 4 hours sleep a night. My middle one is sick and wakes often too, my eldest just falls into bed at night exhausted. My husband is on night shift and it seems that I just don't know which way is up or down.

I miss my blog. I miss you all. But the pressure it took off when I stop posting was much needed. Take all the time you need to get your groove back. I for one love your blog and will always be here waiting for your return. WHenever that may be.

xxx Much blog love.

Tracey said...

Sometimes just making a tiny step towards change can be a really massive one...you just don't realise it at the time.

Big hugs. It will all work out one way or another. x

PJ said...

Hey Jess, thanks so much for dropping by my blog - please know you can email any time :)