Friday, June 25, 2010

Operation Earth Mumma


I recently stumbled across the great blog With My Own Two Hands. LJ is a mum on a journey towards simplifying her families life through greener living, less processed foods, improved time & money management and the list goes on. A domestic goddess in the making :o)

LJ has been tracking her progress and it was really inspiring to read her list of accomplishments last week.

I have decided to make some changes of my own. My main focus being greener, healthier living and better use of time. I have always been very passionate about the benefits of Organic produce as well as the dangers of preservatives and the nasty array of hidden additives in processed foods but I haven't really been very disciplined in making sure our diets are balanced and free of these foods. I guess I have gotten a bit lazy.

I think I will start by making up a little list of small short term changes and then track my progress weekly. I will also start researching cloth nappies for bubba #2 as I have had some friends from my Mothers Group who have survived and been really happy with cloth nappies for the past 2 years.

But for now.. I think I will go back to reading my new book!

4 comments:

Maxabella said...

You won't be too surprised to learn that I also love LJ's blog! I'm also doing my best to make some greener, simple living changes. Softly, softly for me as historically I have a bad 'all or nothing' approach to new things and it frequently ends up as (you guessed it) nothomg. Good luck to us!

Jess said...

Sounds very familiar.... one can only attempt these projects! Fingers crossed we get somewhere..

Claire Chadwick @ Scissors Paper Rock said...

Good on you Jess! A lot of my products I make & sell are eco-friendly and Hubby & I are always planning our future home that will be fully sustainable & earth friendly :) ONE DAY!!!
But for now, I try to do what I can to simplify & healthify {i think I made that word up lol} our life! Ella and I made a mini vegie garden this week in large boxes. I will blog about it next week :)
Thanks for sharing LJ's blog with us too!
Have a lovely weekend xo.

Mammamusing said...

Jess I have some MCNs I'd be happy to give you. I've got six Bumgenius pocket nappies (free size adjustable) and four Magic-alls in a small.

Regrettably they didn't get as much use as I'd hoped so are in a very good condition.

The only draw back is they are pink. But hey when you're helping the environment I don't suppose it really matters what colour they are.

I'll pass them on next time we catch up :)