Wednesday, July 21, 2010

The law of three

I promised that I would pop back here to let you know the reason for my little 5 day break from blogland.

Ok.. so you know how they say that bad things happen in threes? Well, its true. At least it was for me last weekend. In the space of a mere 48 hours, three very annoying things happened:

1. Locked Izzy in the car. This is the second time I have done this. Admittedly the first time was much much worse (think expensive hire car with smash proof windows on desserted farm in Margaret River in 30 degree heat) still, if you have ever locked your kid in the car, it is not a pleasant experience. Ever. In the end we called the RACV who then called the fire brigade, an ambulance and a crazy RACV man to come and get her out. By this time it was dark and the car was surrounded by 5 firefighters, 2 ambo's, several neighbours and of course, dishevelled pregnant me. They got her out and she was fine!

2. Stayed at 'Nan and Pa's' for the night as hubby had a planned a night drinking with mates and after my ordeal, I just wanted to be 'looked after'. Head home in the morning and find wireless internet completely down.... I will save the best for last and come back to this...

3. The day of Izzy's party - run around like a headless chook ALL day (why is that even when you think you organised for a party, you still have a million last minute jobs to do?!) Somwhere in the whirlwind of the day, my purse went AWOL. Urrrggghh. Turn house upside down from Sunday to Wednesday.. no purse.

Ok - so to go back to number two. I decide to take a look at the wireless connection box thingy that sits on the amp in our entertainment unit. Notice it is wet. Soaking wet... Notice (as I dry reech) that it is urine!

There are two possible theories here:

A. Our cat has urinated on it - I just changed her cat food brand and she had been on a hunger strike for 2 days. The sneaky little feline has done worse things in retiliation so its not unheard of - although it would be a first.

This is actually the theory I held until Sunday evening... until I heard hubby telling someone at the party that he had fallen asleep on the couch after his night out on Friday.

B. I dont think I need to paint a picture of option B but lets just say that if he ever found out that I was sharing this story here, he would be most unhappy! He has never been a sleep walker or 'sleep urinater' before but considering he doesnt get out much anymore, who knows!

So there you go. Thats a full round up of my weekend! I got a call today to say that I had left my purse in the $2 shop(classy chick that I am)! I may however never know what really happened to the internet connection. Some things are best left unknown!

PS - If you do happen to one of the few people who read this blog and actually know us in real life, please dont mention 'B' to him.. for obvious reasons.

PPS - I know I am committing a blog crime by not including a photo or picture in this post... but I cant find one that is relevant

3 comments:

Maxabella said...

Oh Jess, I don't know whether to laugh or cry. I can't imagine how awful you felt with Izzy in the car like that. I'm teaching all 3 of the kids how to open the car themselves right now! We have a button on the dash that you push and all doors unlock, so hopefully even The Badoo can master that one.

The purse, we've all done it. So happy you got it back.

As for the wireless connection... LOL.

Claire Chadwick @ Scissors Paper Rock said...

Oh goodness Jess! What a weekend!!!!!
You poor thing!
I was just discussing with another Mummy the other day about locking kids in the car as she had locked her 4 yr old in the car @ the shops and with the car's security....the child couldn't open it from the inside!!
You were probably more afraid than Izzy....the best thing about childhood is how oblivious you are to some things :)
As for the loss of internet....sorry I had to giggle hehehe!!! At first I thought you were going to say it was Izzy {which would be expected at this age} but when you said it was most probably Hubby after his big night I had to laugh out loud! MEN!!!! Haaa!
Glad you got your purse back too!
At least your 3 runs of bad luck are out the way for a while :)
xox

Zoe said...

Ha, This made me laugh!

Welcome to my blog too! Glad to hear my life is worth a follow! :D