Phew. It has been an exhausting, satisfying and somewhat special week so far. I worked three days this week with the kidlets. Juggling two toddlers and school, kindy drop offs.My belly really POPPED this week. It has been the first time in my 20 weeks of pregnancy that I have felt truly, really pregnant.. my breathing has become that little bit laboured, people are eyeing my bump in the street and apparantly I have that second trimester 'glow' (which mind you, with bubba number two is accompanied by matching purple bags under my eyes - courtesy of a-la-toddler)
This week, amongst all the chaos, I heard my babys heart beat for the very first time. I slowed right down for 10 seconds and we just listened. Isobel grabbed the dopler that the Ob was holding and whispered in the sweetest of nearly two year old voices "Hello baby". That moment is etched in my heart forever. Magic.
This week I found a regular babysitter for Izzy. I will be 'sharing' her with another mum friend who also has a 2 yr old girl and is pregnant with her second bub. This means 3 hours a week, every week to myself.. Bliss!
This week I feel alive, in love with my life and excited about the future and all it has to offer x
6 comments:
That is so wonderful to hear! What a magical post. There is nothing quite like hearing the sound of your baby's heart beat. And let me tell you - the first time you see Isobel with your new baby - holding and touching its face...it will melt you heart. Every day I get so much joy (and stress! ha ha) watching my children play and grow together. I cannot wait until #3 joins them. I really hope the rest of your pregnancy is so magical. Thanks for putting a smile on my face and reminding me that pregnancy has many moments of beauty too. xx
Thanks LJ and yes, I cannot wait to see Izzy with her new little brother/sister! xx
Utter magic. "Hello baby." My don't they steal your heart. I've always said (with apologies to single child families everywhere) that the REAL joy of parenting is watching your children's relationship with each other develop. Gold.
Fab idea sharing a babysitter for regular weekly downtime. Make sure you rest!
That is magic Jess.
Izzy will make a wonderful big sister :)
It is a great time in your pregnancy (except those dark circles - part and parcel of mummyhood) and how gorgeous that you took your little girl along to the US. What a lovely bonding moment with her future sibling. Just thought I'd let you know that although I wish Tory would do the dishes...she's just for good luck. A Swedish custom I inherited from my MIL.
Awww what a magical moment that would've been to see Izzy talking to the baby :) VERY SWEET!!!
Ooh and good job on locking in a baby sitter....LOVELY!
A beautiful post Jess xo
Post a Comment