The clever stall holder reeled me in by gluing what she said was the best ever Pumpkin Soup recipe on the front of the big paper bag they came in.
Three months later (Yes, they last AGES) and I finally made it... and let me tell you it was seriously delicious.
As you can see, Izzy absolutely loved it - although I am not sure whether she got any of it in her gob..
BUTTERNUT PUMPKIN SOUP
1 tsp butter
1 tsp curry powder
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp garlic
1 onion
6 cups chicken stock (or 4 cups chicken stock and 2 cups vegetable stock)
1 diced potato
2 sticks celery diced
1 carrot diced
8 cups butternut or 3 butternuts (peeled, seeded and chopped)
1/2 tsp basil
1/2 tsp oregano
cracked pepper
1/2 cup cream
Melt butter with curry, nutmeg and garlic for 30 seconds in a large pot. Add onion until softened.
Add chicken stock and then potato, celery, carrot and butternut.
Bring to boil and let simmer until all soft.
Take off heat and add basil & oregano then blend with stick blender. Add cracked pepper & cream to taste.
Serve with fresh parsley and greek yoghurt and cream.
Relax and enjoy the wonderful flavours!
10 comments:
I don't love pumpkin soup either but that advertisement is a bit hard to go past. I shall try it during the week. And look at your little angel - she's a delight! :)
Delish, Jess. I looooove punky soup so we'll be trying your recipe soonest.
BTW, you are so sweet, you have peppered my site with lovely comments today. I'm glad we're 'back to normal' and I won't be silly again. x
What a cute photo, she is gorgeous. I will save this recipe and give it ago. I love pumpkin soup!
It sounds lovely Jess. I always add a bit of curry to my pumpkin soup (something my Mum told me was the 'secret ingredient'). Will give yours a go 'cause it sounds more kid-friendly. Your daughter is simply gorg in that photo. Bless!
I LOVE Pumpkin soup!!
Gorgeous pic!
Yum - Pumpkin soup is my fave soup so thanks for the recipe...
What a great pic of your little one! You can tell it is the best pumpkin soup ever just by the look on her face!
I do love pumpkin soup and am always on the lookout for a slightly new recipe. Will give this a try.
i love making soup...she is so cute.
Sounds delicious. I am always looking for new pumpkin recipes especially now as they're in season in Australia. Thanks! xo m.
Umm please blame pregnancy brain for the last comment as I realise you live in the same city as me... and hence, KNOW that it is winter here. Very silly indeed. xo m.
Post a Comment