Trips to the park have been less frequent this week... so we have been snuggled up at home enjoying all things creative..



Pasta necklaces were a big hit - although 2 days later and they still make Izzys lips blue when she trys to eat the pasta..
(Is there something I am missing here? Are you meant to coat the pasta in something after you have dyed it?)


And making wall art for Daddy, Yiayia, Pa, Nan, Aunty Lucinda.... the cat..... everyone!
Paint and confetti are a wonderful combination according to Izzy. Simply cover paper in paint and throw coloured confetti in to wet paint... Voila! Instant Masterpiece!
9 comments:
I am not sure if there is a tip for coating the pasta before dyeing it...!? Will be interested to read whether someone else knows.
It looks like you guys had a lot of fun though and that Izzy is quite the little artist!
Those little smocks are so cute. I kinda like the blue lipstick myself. I'd just go with it...
If you find out about coating the pasta please let me know, i have been dying to do this with my mr 2 but im afraid he will eat all the pasta..
Looks like your little on is having fun..Very Lovely pictures
Very pretty. Not sure about the ink but I too am also curious. We usually use washable marker for our pasta necklaces, but they also leak everywhere.... hmmmm....
Looks like such fun! The best thing about these cold days is snuggling in at home with a few make and do projects...
Such beautiful photos! I have never coated the pasta, but then again my boss was a cheapskate so there could be such a thing :)I think it comes down to how much dye you use..though I always add way too much and have the same consequences as you did! It looked like fun times!
BTW I do have four sisters...and one brother who is right smack in the middle of us all! Poor fella!! xx
gorgeous pics jess!
i always wanted a my child or a cabbage patch.. but yes we weren't allowed anything like that either. I did have one barbie and my sister had one barbie and one ken! how deprived ;)
my mum preferred real looking baby dolls that were anatomically correct. Kind of glad she did. They are beautiful and I still have them and the boys love them just as much as I did, well almost!
Hmm not sure about the pasta dying tips?! Being a prep teacher, you would think i would know, but nope!
xx
I love the pictures and the blue lips are cute! Back when I was teaching I would dye the pasta with powder paint and a little water and place in the sun to dry on old newspaper. - Have a fun weekend.
ahh, gotta love little masterpieces & blue lips.
my now 3 year old still puts EVERYTHING in his mouth, what is that about!!
happy Sunday & loved visiting your corner of the blogworld
♥
Post a Comment