Thursday, August 5, 2010

Decisions, decisions...

Ashleigh Bed - Treehouse Furniture ($599.00)

How adorable is this Robin & Mould pillow I found here on Etsy

Minnen bed - IKEA ($189.00)

I think the issue with me as a 'designer' is that I change my mind on how I want things to feel, all the time...

Sometimes I like eclectic & worldly - think moroccan influences tied in with a modern vintage twist (what the?) and then at other times, I am all fairy-like and want to be surrounded by the pretty things... egg shell blue, pretty quilts and peonies..

So, when it comes to mentally decorating Isobels new room - I am kinda confused and too scared to purchase anything for fear that I will put a foot wrong and wish I hadn't..... I am basically frozen with fear (dramatic, I know!)

My question to you is; how do I take the leap from 'online window shopping' to actually getting somewhere and purchasing something more substantial than a height chart or some paper butterflies for the wall?

and the other question is: What are the 'rules' when purchasing a 'big girls bed' - I want something that will last the distance both in style and make. Yet, I am constantly drawn back to the incredibly feminine IKEA Minnen bed (as pictured)... however what if Isobel is not a 'girly girl' in a few years? Maybe I should stick to something 'safer'?

A girlfriend said to me today that foam mattresses are the way to go for the first 9 years of your childs life in a bed. Apparantly foam is better if it gets wee in it... you can wash it with a hose and dry it? Sounds kind of yuck to me and I thought that this was the point of mattress protectors?

Your thoughts?

3 comments:

Maxabella said...

I know how you feel about the Purchasing Paralysis. We suffers will do anything to avoid 'Buyer's Remorse' including never actually purchasing anything to be remorseful over.

For $189 the Ikea bed is a fantastic buy. She will be a 'girly girl' until she's at least 8 or so, I reckon. And even then you could paint it black and call it gothic.

That little cushion is beautiful. I would grab that cushion and use it to theme the whole room around. Perfect.

Kristi said...

i only have boys so i have no idea about girls rooms, but i really love that ikea bed.

Jess said...

Thanks for the advice ladies!

Bron - I agree, the pillow is gorgeous.. I have bought it and will go from there! Love the goth idea... hopefully we dont have a goth in the house, but its a good tip!!