Tuesday, August 3, 2010

The simple things

It may sound strange but I can't help thinking that I am glad I got sick this last week or so. Of course, at the time I was sure as I was dying and was in a pretty revolting mood... but in hindsight, I am reminded that it needs to happen sometimes so that we can appreciate how truly wonderful it feels to be well, alive and healthy! It reminds me of how lucky I am to be able to bounce back within a short space of time.

Over the weekend I was feeling much more like myself but not quite 100%, so we took it easy and just enjoyed eachothers company. Relishing the simple things...

Izzy and Daddy crafting with paper plates

Rowing on the Yarra together - Well, he rowed.. We sang "Row Row Row your boat" and "Five little ducks" on repeat

Hide and seek and then more hide and seek...



And 'cooking' for the babies of the house. This little activity that I set up consisted of plastic cups inserted in to muffin tray, tongs and some uncooked pasta). It held Izzy's attention for well over half an hour. A definate record.
One of the things I love about being pregnant is that as the weeks pass and my belly grows bigger and bigger, I feel less guilty about slowing right down...there is a tendency to fill our lives up with so much clutter. And by clutter, I mean the social kind and just general busy-ness.
As I get older and our family grows, I hope I can maintain more of that balance and give our family lots of 'slow' time. I am realising more and more how very important it is for all of us.

5 comments:

Maxabella said...

So glad you're on the mend and you've reminded me of the importance of 'stopping'. Decluttering is critical to a happy, healthy, loving family. I really believe that.

LJ said...

Great post. SOmetimes when you are sick (like my whole family is now...me included) it is easy to feel really down. But once you are well again - it fully makes you appreciate your good health.

And I agree, it is nice to slow things down - especially when pregnant. I'm just about to hit 30 weeks and we are starting to take things a lot easier.

x S.K.K x said...

Love the 'cooking' with pasta! What a fabulous idea! Glad your feeling a little better! x

Kristi said...

this is a lovely post. glad you are feeling better.

ps. her knit rainbow hat is adorable, and i love the pasta project too.

Jess said...

Thanks ladies! xx