Sunday, August 15, 2010

Opinions please, blog friends!


It would be fair to say that I am more than a little obsessed with room designing at the moment. It has become quite a creative outlet for me as well as a fantastic way to satisfy all those crazy nesting hormones that are racing around my body...
There is one detail that I have been throwing around in my head all weekend, unable to make a decision - so, I thought what better place to get worthy opinions than right here in blogland!
The above pics are of Isobels room at the moment;
Would you paint the frame of these glass doors or leave white? Perhaps paint the wall around it? Or the small wall to the side behind the shelf and dolls house?
If so, what colour would you choose?
I can't wait to hear your suggestions xx
PS - I am sorry about the block of writing.. blogger is not letting me space my paragraphs for some reason??

9 comments:

Maxabella said...

What a charming room - the french doors are lovely. I wouldn't paint them. But I would paint the wall surrounding them a soft grey. Grey looks fantastic with all the colours of childhood (especially pinks and reds) and the french doors will really pop against it.

Anna White said...

Oh Bless those little cherubs having so much fun in there :)

I wouldn't paint the French doors lovely..I think they look perfect as they are.

First thing that came to mind was doing something with the wall to the right
( where you have the floating shelf)
I was thinking wallpaper..something floral and fun...or painting ...or doing something creative with some wall decals perhaps? I like the white on the walls its fresh and really works well with the natural light that pours into that room.
Otherwise perhaps something like Maxabella suggested..a soft grey would look wonderful on the walls...if you gave the room some fun pops of yellow, watermelon, or aqua to compliment it..which you could do by adding some colourful artworks ( even better if done by the little ones)..a fun rug perhaps?..or some floor cushions? either way I think every room should have a wow factor to it..which I think is all this room needs...just something that adds a bit of colour and fun..I truly believe a kids room should reflect the childs personality and should be a place that is inviting and fun for the little ones to hang out it.
Im sure whatever you decide its going to really lift this room no matter what lovely...look forward to seeing what you end up doing xo

Mammamusing said...

Jess I would paint the walls 1/2 strength hog bristle. It's a lovely subtle neutral colour that looks great against white. It also gives you a great base to add colour accents.

Mary Ann said...

adorable collage of photos. have a great sunday! verbena cottage

Jessi said...

i like ALL white!!! :)

what a beautiful room she has! how lucky :)

Jess said...

Oh wow.. thanks for advice ladies! You have given me lots to think about.

Anna - I am thinking the idea of just the side wall to give it some 'fun' and a bit of a feature might be the way to go!

Thanks again everyone xoxox

Laydebird said...

I'm with Mummamusing we did FB's nursery in hogs bristile and the white looks amazing with it and suites all colours. I would leave the doors too!

Photography said...

I love the doors white as they are - maybe a ruffle curtain across the top part? or I like maxabella's suggestion too. Maybe the wall that the dolls house on could be a feature wall of a colour too. Sorry not very creative comments :-( Just joined your blog - I love it!

Kristi said...

that is such a gorgeous room. i am like simple, less is more, so i vote not paint the frame.