I have a close friend who was once friends with a professional horse rider. The type that does show jumping and dressage. Whenever my friend was down in the dumps, her horse riding friend would say to her "Eyes up over the ditch"You see, as a professional horse jumper, it is most important that you keep your eyes focused ahead. The minute you look in the ditch or at the obstacle in front of you, you will lose your balance and alignment (as will your horse).
In professional horse jumper speak "ditches should be ridden positively with increased stride and forward motion"
So, I have adopted this little piece of equestrian law as my new mantra for getting through the hard stuff. I have encountered a few 'ditches' in the past 8 months.
This pregnancy has been wonderful in a physical sense but it has been quite a roller coaster ride of emotions. I think it is just that familiar feeling that settles in your belly when you are about to encounter massive change in your life and you don't quite know what it will be like. You are standing at the edge of a cliff and about to take the plunge of a lifetime..like an overseas adventure or a change of career... The difference with this is that it settles in your belly for 9 months and there is this anxiety that is always there with it. Well, that is how it has been for me.
The good has far outweighed the bad stuff though and I am full of excitement and anticipation for what lies ahead in our new life as a family of four. 8 weeks to go and counting...
5 comments:
This is some advice to live by....thanks for sharing it. I am attempting a bit of a new outlook at the moment along these lines and this sentiment catches it perfectly...
My little guy was born last Dec 11th and that is around 8 weeks away so you must be due at a similar time....it is hard to believe that it is almost a whole year ago...A family of four is a whole lot of fun by the way!
Thanks for your comment on my TV post...I have been feeling a little guilty about this recently and your words made me feel much better!
Gill xo
I love that saying..so very true! Enjoy this time but I know you will be great as a family of four :)
In regards to the sewing machine I love it and because it's digital it sets all your tension and stiches automatically..which I think is great for beginners (and me). I also recently borrowed 'The Sewing Bible" from the library and ended up buying it off amazon CHEAP, I suggest checking it out it is the best book for beginners as it covers everything. If you want any links just let me know xx
Hang in there, possum -- enjoy these last few weeks... if there is one lesson Ive learnt its that I never realised how EASY my life was with only one to look after!! One more is so rewarding but HARD... it took me 4 weeks to be brave enough to leave the house!! teehee...
Cant wait to see pics of your little bubba and then we can moan about how hard it all is together.... oh, and how much extra love there is to go around :) x
i love everything about this post.
Gill - I am due on the 5th but I think it will be earlier than that (Izzy was 9 days early).
Thanks for all your comments ladies xx
Post a Comment