I don't know how it was for you, but for me the last few weeks of pregnancy feel like FOREVER.
We all know the list of ailments that make it almost unbearable; aching calves, reflux that feels like acid being poured down your throat, the swelling body that likens you more to a blimp than a human, the INSOMNIA (don't get me started on this one - such a cruel joke that you cant sleep for the last 3 months of pregnancy), the way old people (usually old men) stare openly at your belly as if it is some sort of evil tumour.
All of these symptoms aside, the thing that I find hardest to deal with is not knowing when it will 'happen'.
Its kind of like being a kid at Christmas. You are excited as all hell because you know that you are about to unwrap the BEST present ever... you wait up with anticipation, you think about the moment day in and day out... but the clincher is... you don't know when Xmas is going to happen.
Will it be tomorrow? Next week? Two weeks? Four weeks... Its possible! But you simply don't know. What kid could handle that? Add the above nasty symptoms to the mix and you have, right there, a bloody good reason to want to down a bottle of wine.... but guess what? You can't!!!!
Rant over. Two weeks and 4 days to go. I think.
So, tell me... have you got any hot tips for a natural induction?
4 comments:
Ha I totally remember that feeling..and then it's *time* and all of a sudden you don't feel ready at all! Good luck with this extra special time. xx
I haven;t needed natural induction, but some of my friends swear by acupuncture. It is also said to make your labour shorter and less painful.
Hello darling..
First thing - as hard as it is... get your head sorted out - the longer that baby is cooked on the inside - the healthier and more vibrant it will be on the outside. There is still very important stuff happening inside there!
Next - acupuncture is very good. In addition to addressing anything else going on..
With my 3rd I had ka huna pregnancy massage (on the Gold Coast) and it was fab to just calm and relax. (BTW I was 2 weeks overdue with two of them - it is agonizing, and a chore to keep my head straight - esp. with outside pressures... family, doc's, etc....)
enjoy just being the little family that you are... for now...!
don't do castor oil. careful on the vindaloo curries - remember that the baby has to have that stuff too - I reckon that is why my Monty had meconium in his waters...
Have sex.
relax.
walk and rest.
be gentle on yourself.
xx Amy
Oh yes I remember feeling this way toward the end too.
I always went over my due date and was talked into having inductions at 40 weeks, with the last two. But I have heard that acupuncture and sex can help.
Post a Comment