Thursday, December 2, 2010

Two and a half...


Every night when I put you to bed, I climb in with you and cuddle you to sleep.
According to the 'parenting experts' of today, this is a sin... after all, you will never learn to sleep on your own. We both know that is not true. You wont be two and a half forever. We both look forward to our daily bedtime cuddles. You curl your chubby little fingers around mine and pinch my skin lovingly as you have since you were a little a baby.

At two and a half you are vivacious, strong willed, sensitive, wild, spirited and oh so cheeky! You race around the house in your whirlwind way - Doctors! Fairies! Dancing.... (Oh your dancing - there is nothing more entertaining...) Feed baby! Raid the fridge! Painting, painting, painting!

Your language is incredible, you are talking in full sentences... telling anyone who will listen about your latest adventure. Your negotiation skills are akin to a criminal lawyer. I often have to remind myself that you truly are two and a half.

Life is about to change for you, little Izzy... this little family is about to grow. I know you will make the most wonderful big sister and I cannot wait to witness your first meeting.
My heart may just explode with love!

6 comments:

Claire Chadwick @ Scissors Paper Rock said...

Oh Jess! I LOVE this post! So precious!
Wow....a big 2 a half year old! And what a gorgeous girl you are Miss Izzy! I think you & Ella would have a blast together...chatting & dancing & pretending & painting & laughing!
xo
P.S. Jess, I lay with Ella every night at bedtime too...until she falls asleep...no matter how long it takes! Gahh to the parenting books I say....whatever works...each to their own I think! And as you said....they're only 2 once & I want to savour every part of it! xo

Belinda said...

What a beautiful post. X
Thank you for sharing and making me smile.

Alice Becomes said...

what a post jess!

you sound like the most awesome mumma and so excited for you and your growing family....

i lie down with Oscar every night too, he is only 2 and a half, plenty of time for independence and I breastfeed the baby to sleep (another big parenting book no- no, right there!)

Gill xo

Mammamusing said...

Eeek Izzy is such a beautiful free spirit much like her mumma.

She will truly make a wonderful big sister :)

Loz said...

I say enjoy them now because they grow up too quickly

Unknown said...

That is so cute! She is a beautiful little girl. My little one sleeps with me too :P