I loved this article (found here on a Blonde Walks In To A Blog)
How many times have you felt this question from your childless friends? Or perhaps you wondered the same thing before you had kids yourself?
One thing is for sure, I would love a few people I know to read this.... It is something I have tried to explain but always fail to paint a clear picture of. This article does it just brilliantly!

7 comments:
Jess you're on a blogging frenzy!
Excellent article.
I know my best friend has wondered this very question and probably still doesn't understand why in the last two years we've seen each other less than a handful of times.
oh yes, I hate to say it but I am guilty of thinking this (a little) before kids.....
And since my boys were born? I have given up trying to explain it to friends without kids....it just seems to come across as poor excuses!
Thanks for the article - I might get my point across better now
Gill xo
Love it! Thanks for sharing.
BuBbles
x.
What a brilliant piece! I SO wish I had the guts to send it to 2 of my very dear but very childless friends who send me intense amounts of emails and text messages and get cranky when I don't respond. I feel that judgement implied from them all the time! It's so hard to explain the mental exhaustion of paying attention to a small child to someone who's never had to do it. Not that being at home isn't rewarding but seriously, who WANTS to clean a poo-y nappy belonging to a screaming toddler who ran away when he dirtied it and screamed blue murder when you dared pick him up and thrashed so much on the change table that the poo was smeared everywhere and you have to clean them and change their clothes and then soak the change table cover and clothes and console an upset child whilst being repelled by the awful aroma? Or maybe that's just my life I've shared too much about :)
Kate - i am indeed blogging my little heart out. I am off FB because I got sick of people asking if I had had the baby yet!
Cat - I wish I had the guts to send it out to one or two ppl too x
It is a whole different world isn't it? I scarcely remember the days pre-children now but I do have an inkling that I used to wonder what all these SAHMs did all day! If only..
I love it. I too have to admit that I used to think like this before I had kids. I lost a good friend because I thought she just couldn't be bothered keeping in touch with me.
Post a Comment